Resources for learning about solar in central Pennsylvania & finding local solar installers.
The Centre Region is working to improve solar market conditions, making it faster, easier, and more affordable for our residents and businesses to install solar energy systems. These efforts will also increase the efficiency of local processes related to solar development, which may save our local government time and money.
- PA Solar Center List of Solar Installers Visit this resource to find a solar installer serving Centre County.
- Tracking Renewable Energy in the Centre Region The CRPA has begun to track the installations of renewable energy installations as a way to measure progress along the way.
- Supporting Solar Energy Reports These documents are intended serve municipalities within the Centre Region with tools, documentation, and recommendations of bringing solar energy to local home and businesses.
- C-PACE: Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy A financial tool available for property owners to obtain low-cost, long-term financing for energy efficient equipment, renewable energy, and water conservation projects.
- Solar Power Purchase Agreement A working group of 15 entities in Centre County, including COG, has been formed to explore the viability of investing in a joint solar power purchase agreement.
- SolSmart Participation & Solar Statement The Centre Region is committed to working with SolSmart, a U.S. Department of Energy funded program that recognizes cities, counties, and regional organizations for making it faster, easier, and more affordable to go solar. Their national team of experts provides no-cost technical assistance to help communities foster the development of local solar markets.
The Centre Region Comprehensive Plan was updated in 2013 and includes the objective of working to reduce barriers to alternative energy uses to help decrease dependence on finite natural resources. One of the fastest growing forms of alternative energy is the use of solar energy.Learn about electric vehicles